After your surgery the following guidelines may be helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call Dr. Lynch at 609-448-6200.
- Following surgery you will be wearing a compression vest and ACE bandage to maintain compression to the chest area. This will minimize the risk of a seroma developing and post-operative infection. You may remove the compression garment to shower.
- Please notify the office if you experience fever, chills, redness or unusual swelling after surgery.
- Please finish taking all of your antibiotics as prescribed. Often, eating yogurt may help with minimizing some of the gastrointestinal side effects of antibiotics. If you are prescribed narcotics for pain management, it is important to stay will hydrated, and increase fruits and vegetables in your diet to minimize the side effects of constipation while you are on the narcotic.
- Please avoid strenuous upper arm/chest muscle exercised for 6 weeks after surgery. Please limit lifting to no greater than 20lbs.
- You will have a surgical drain from each breast for a few days. Please empty these drains and record the output as instructed (see attached chart). Please wear a cotton belt while in the shower, and pin the drains to this belt.
- DO NOT SMOKE
- You will have DERMABOND on your surgical incisions. Do not use any lotion, powder, cream or oil on your incisions until after the DERMABOND has come off.
- 4 weeks after surgery you may begin to use products (Vitamin E oil, Mederma etc.) to minimize the appearance of the surgical scars.