After your nipple reconstruction, the following guidelines may be helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call Dr. Lynch at 609-448-6200.
- Following surgery, your nipple will have a dressing of mounted gauze to protect the new skin flap. Please leave this dressing on for 48 hours after your surgery. Please do not get this dressing wet. You will have “skin glue” on the incisions and a few sutures. The sutures will be removed in about 14 days. The “skin glue” will begin to come off in approximately 7 days. Please do not use any lotion, cream, oil or powder on your breast during this time.
- You may shower 48 hours after surgery. Please avoid water pressure on the nipple. Please maintain a protective dressing on the nipple for 7 days.
- Please notify the office if you experience fever, chills, redness or unusual swelling after your surgery.
- Please finish taking all of your antibiotics as prescribed. Often, eating yogurt may help with managing some of the side effects of antibiotics.
- Please avoid strenuous activity or trauma to your breast area for 2 weeks after surgery.
- Do Not Smoke