Rosemary Fox, MSN, RN: CV
MATTHEW J. LYNCH MD, PA East Windsor, NJ
Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant – 2007 to present
Active medical staff privilege as RNFA :
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton
- Capital Health System Fuld Campus/Mercer Campus
- University Medical Center of Princeton at Plainsboro
- Reliant Surgical Center
FOX CHASE CANCER CENTER Philadelphia PA
Director, Infusion Services and Phase I Clinical Research Unit - 2004 to 2007
- Administrative and service responsibilities for chemotherapy infusion services for 150 patients a day in a NCI Regional Cancer Center
- Developed and implemented plan for a dedicated multidisciplinary Phase I Clinical Research Unit, providing investigational drug therapy to 10-15 patients a day.
- Collaborative relationships with NCI phase I programs across the United States and proficient in FDA/NDI processes for protocol review, investigation and reporting.
- 38 FTEs $5.5 million budget
FOX CHASE CANCER CENTER at ST. FRANCIS MEDICAL CENTER Trenton NJ PROGRAM DIRECTOR, CANCER CENTER/BREAST CARE COORDINATOR - 2002-2004
- Implemented business plan, program and financial planning, administrative management, policy development, patient service operations and outcome evaluation for an ACoS designated community hospital based comprehensive cancer center.
- Administrative and service responsibilities included departments of surgical breast oncology, radiation oncology, outpatient infusion and a 12 bed inpatient nursing care unit.
- Developed and implemented program strategies for a multidisciplinary breast cancer center within the cancer center to respond to the needs of the highest volume patient population.
- 21 FTE’s and $2.6 million operating budget
HOSPITAL OF THE UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA Philadelphia, PA
NURSING CARE COORDINATOR - Silverstein 3 - Interim contract position 2002
- Integrated a 4 physician independent private primary care practice
- Coordinated patient care planning, educational program development, implementation and evaluation of patient care for a 22,000 patient primary care practice.
- Provided direction, problem solving and mentoring for professional and support staff regarding operational decision making.
- Provided direct patient care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for patients who present to the medical clinic, as well as for patients who needed intervention through telephone triage.
HEALTHLINK MEDICAL CENTER Southampton, PA
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR 1999-2002
- Awarded $7 million 3 year grant to open a volunteer community based primary medical and dental care clinic for the working uninsured in Bucks and Montgomery Counties
- Developed and implemented business plan, program and financial planning, all phases of volunteer recruitment, administrative management, policy development, patient service operations and outcome evaluation.
- Planned, coordinated and supervised the donated labor and material resources of
- Klett Architectural Organization and Turner Construction Company during the permit, renovation and addition phases of construction to prepare the donated site with 5 medical exam rooms and 2 dental suites.
- Negotiated with the Pennsylvania Medical Society Liability Insurance Company (PMSLIC) to provide Volunteer Physicians liability coverage for volunteer service hours at ten percent (10%) of the standard Pennsylvania mandated premium.
- Worked extensively with members of the Pennsylvania legislature to effect legislative relief from additional CAT fund premiums for physicians who volunteer in free clinics in the commonwealth. Co-authored legislation to provide prescriptive authority for retired physicians in free clinics.
- Participated in generating funding sources including grants from foundations, corporations and individuals to sustain operations and secure endowment.
- 2.9 FTE’s paid staff and 21 FTE’s (greater than 200 individuals) in volunteer hours and $2.5 million annual operating budget.
DOYLESTOWN HOSPITAL Doylestown, PA
DIRECTOR, EMERGENCY SERVICES 1997-1998
- Pursued and achieved state funding for Doylestown Hospital Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program.
- Redeveloped and implemented the staffing patterns in the Emergency Department to be consistent with volume trends and budgeted productivity and expense ratios.
- Chosen by the Vice President of Patient Care Services to assume leadership responsibility for the Respiratory Care Department and the Interventional Radiology Department.
- 67 FTE’s and $2.6 million budget
ALBERT EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER Philadelphia, PA
NURSE MANAGER 1993-1998
- Transformed a dysfunctional 54 bed Medical Surgical Nursing care unit to the most skillful and progressive multidisciplinary team in the network. Received recognition for excellence from Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the Pennsylvania Residency Review Commission.
- Appointed by the Associate General Director for a network leadership role to provide the vision, planning, coaching and implementation support to the AEHN Nursing Organization for the shared leadership model (while maintaining prior responsibilities). Successful integration of Clinical Practice, Quality Improvement, Staff Education and Management practice.
- Appointed by the Associate General Director to assume additional leadership responsibility for a 15 bed Renal Dialysis Unit/90 patient Home Peritoneal Dialysis Program and a 34 bed Orthopedic/Trauma Unit. This responsibility included the re-design and renovation of both units. These renovations occurred without interruption of patient care delivery, on time and within planned fiscal resources.
- Planned and evaluated the implementation of an automated materials management/ pharmacy delivery system (Omnicell). Increased cost capture and utilization data by 77%.
- 107 FTE’s and $6.8 million budget
CHESTNUT HILL HOSPITAL Philadelphia, PA
NURSE MANAGER 1989- 1993
- Planned and implemented hospital wide standards for Medical-Surgical nursing orientation for new practitioners.
- 32 FTE’s and $1 million budget
- STAFF RN 1985-1989
- Assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated daily primary care delivery to 10-12 adult patients with acute medical and surgical care needs.
DELAWARE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Registered Nurse First Assistant Program December 2006
PeriOperative Nursing Program December 2005
Master of Science in Nursing May 1993
Post graduate courses:
Nursing Informatics - 1997
Pharmaceutical Research and Development/FDA Regulatory Process- 1999
Bachelor of Science in Nursing May 1985
- Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant (CRNFA)
- Certified Operating Room Nurse (CNOR)
- Oncology Nursing Certification (OCN)
- BLS/ACLS Certification
- Oncology Nursing Society – National – member since 2001
- Association of Peri Operative Registered Nurses – National member since 2005
- La Salle University, Undergraduate Nursing Division - Adjunct clinical faculty -1993-2009